Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Welcome to my blog

Hi everyone! And, thanks for stopping by my newest blog. This blog will be dedicated to the more realistic part of daily life. Here you will find household hints, recipes and meals that won't break the bank, and lots of time-saving ideas.


I've been cooking since I was a child and my responsibility as the oldest was having dinner ready to go to the table once everyone arrived home. That's where I learned the basics. But every now and then I had to experiment. I was "Martha" before she became a household name. That's what my family calls me anyway....


I can't tell you how many times my younger siblings would complain to my Mom about the items I would conjure up. We were a family used to meatloaf, gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans... great wholesome comfort food - you get the picture. That basic stuff was great.. but I wanted to 'create' a meal they wouldn't forget. I can recall presenting Duck L'Orange, iceburg lettuce wedges with Russian dressing, and tapioca with mandarin orange slices. They went ballistic and balked. Now, they clamor for my stuff and want the recipes. Imagine that!

I hope you will stop back often to see what I've whipped up. I'll also have some great links to share from some very talented cooks and bakers! See you then.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a blog! I found you because we both took part in yesterdays...mind blowing...Cards For Hero's Blog Hop! Please tell your son thank you for his service to this great country. And thank you for your sacrifice too. My brother always says its harder on the families left behind as these brave men and women go to train or otherwise than it is on the servicemen, so thank you. I have bookmarked this. I don't know if you noticed but on my blog I have two things I share...cards/crafts and cooking! My two great loves. I look forward to what you will post here, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are important to me and I read every one of them! Hugs, Peggy

Cooking Tips

~
Blog Created by KLM Designs. For more information please contact me at klmdesignsofnh@yahoo.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP